The Student Ministry at TPC exists to come alongside parents.
We had our first meeting with Parents on Aug. 11, and we disussed these things.
We also offer you the following information:
- Sunday Morning CE Lessons can be found here. Take a look at what we are discussing, and ask your student what they have been learning and talking about.
- The Gathering: Sunday evening Student Ministry meetings are for all students 6th-12th grade, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Aug. 25, Sept. 8 & 29, Oct. 13 & 27, Nov. 17, and Dec. 1. You can follow what we are discussing at The Gatherings here!
- Text communication: to sign up for text communication, please text @montyh to 81010. An informational video on how to join is found here.
- One website I have been encouraged by is CPYU.org. The Center for Parent Youth Understanding, run by Walt Mueller, has great information on today's youth culture. Your student may not be struggling with all the troubles discussed on this site, but they probably know someone who is. There are many helpful resources on this site.
- Want to know about the media content your student is using? Take a look at the website commonsensemedia to find age-appropriate movies, books, apps, TV shows, video games, websites, and music that you and your kids will love.
The parent CARE Newsletter covers Calendar of events, Announcements, Resources and Education. It is written with you, the parent, in mind. I hope it adds to the discussion in your home. Please do not hesitate to contact me if it brings up questions you would like to discuss further. Know that it is an honor to serve you and your students. –Monty Hershberger