What do we do?
Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) is a campus ministry at Middle Tennessee State University. Regardless of your beliefs or doubts, RUF is a place for you to explore Christianity and grow in your understanding of who Jesus is and what it means to follow him in community at MTSU.
RUF has several different avenues of ministry:
1. LARGE GROUP is our most visible activity and usually the easiest way for students to get involved with the ministry. The evening consists of a time of singing and worship ending with a sermon from Scripture, all in a non-threatening atmosphere. This is usually the place where students can find out more details about the ministry of RUF and how they can become more involved. We meet in the Nursing building, Room N116 on Tuesdays at 7:30.
2. COMMUNITY GROUPS: In any given semester, students participate in community groups. These groups are very informal in design and give students the chance to look deeper into a topic as well as build deep friendships with other students. Plugging into the Freshmen Community group is the best way to meet other freshmen in RUF.
3. The STAFF of RUF is available to meet with you, if you so desire. This time is usually spent getting to know each other personally, investing in on-going discipleship, dealing with personal issues you might have or addressing any crisis you might have.
4. RETREATS/CONFERENCES: At least a few times during the year RUF is committed to getting out of town and gathering with other Christians for student conferences including a retreat during the fall semester, Winter Conference in February, Spring Break Missions Trips, and Summer Conference in mid-May.
5. HANG OUT: We believe the Gospel is played out in every aspect of our lives, including. For that reason, we try to have times throughout the semester when we hang out, go out to eat, watch movies, grill out, play games, take road trips, etc. This is a part of college - making friends, talking, and enjoying each other.
We'd love to help connect you with our staff as well as other students! Contact Weston Duke at email@example.com or call 865-765-4334.
Be sure to visit us at our website to see calendar of upcoming events!